Solamoré is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information you might provide in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1993.
Solamoré is fully committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information that is collected whether it’s collected online, in person, by a third party, by telephone, social media, or any other reasonable method in accordance with the Privacy Act (1993). This Policy is set out in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Our Policy discloses the information-gathering and distribution practices we use.
How We Collect Information
We will collect personal information directly from you (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so) either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email, when you visit any of our websites or when you connect with us via social media. We may collect personal information about you when you purchase or make enquires about travel arrangements or other products and services; when you enter competitions or register for promotions; when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters); when you request brochures or other information from us; or when you provide information, or use our services, on social media. Unless you choose to do so under a pseudonym or anonymously, we may also collect your personal information (other than sensitive information) when you complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a booking on your behalf which includes arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other participant on the booking. By providing your personal information to us, either directly, or through a family member, employer, or other agent or representative in connection with a booking or related service, you will be deemed to have consented to your personal information being collected by us and used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy.
Where you make a booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for Solamore to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Policy and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this Policy.
What Information do we collect?
The type of information we collect is information that will assist us in providing various event services or products on your behalf. Such information includes:
- Your name or the names of any additional participants (including minors) requiring our services
- Your contact details (email address, phone, address, postal address etc.)
- Credit card or Debit card details (including card number, expiry date, name on card and security code)
- Passport information
- Visa and immigration information
- Sensitive information may include (without limitation) your criminal record, financial information, religious beliefs (for meal requests), etc.
- Health issues in order to provide information to a third party (but not limited to) such as an airline, hotel, or insurance company to assist with travel arrangements
- Any other additional information that is necessary to provide our services or required by law
In relation to credit card information, once the transaction has been processed, we will not retain your credit card information electronically or manually, this will be destroyed unless you have expressly given us your permission to retain it.
- All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties
- Merchants will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties
- Merchant takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, www.solamore.events cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online
- The merchant is not responsible for the privacy policies of the websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- It will always be optional as to whether you voluntarily provide us with your information. However, should you choose not to, it may mean we are unable to provide some services to you.
What do we Use Personal Information for?
The primary purpose of our collecting your personal information is to provide you with various services and/or products. However, there may be times when we may need to disclose your information to a government department or another third party as required by law or to provide you with our services or products.
- By providing us with your information, you give us your consent to use and disclose your information. For the following reasons:
- Servicing you by providing you with various promotions and service updates
- Local and international governments, usually for immigration and visa requirements
- Marketing purposes such as emails, newsletters, travel information, competitions etc
- Reporting and compliance with various agencies
- Internal accounting, auditing and administrative purposes
- Booking travel arrangements or services through a third-party such as Travel Wholesaler, Airline, Cruise company, Insurance company, Hotel, Car rental company, Rail Company or any other service provider
At times, these third parties may process your travel requirements on our behalf, in which case they will be responsible for these services.
We collect information with regard to movement through our website, this information is system generated and does not identify you or link you with identifiable information that you have provided. Such information may be collected by a third party on our behalf.
Security of Information
Solamore takes the security of your personal information seriously. Your information will always be held securely, whether it be electronically or offline and will only be used as outlined in this policy.
Changes to our Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make a change to the Policy, the revised version will be posted on our website. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes.
Contact & Access to Your Information
Last Edited 29 October 2022