Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By booking a place (or places) for a Solamoré Event (‘Event’), or by booking one of our vessels or event spaces in its entirety for a Solamoré group event (‘Event’) (each a ‘Solamoré Experience’, as applicable), you will be deemed to have read and understand the Agreement and sought (or been given the reasonable opportunity to seek) independent legal advice in relation to the Agreement, and you agree to be legally bound by all of the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- In order to reserve your place for an Event, you must submit an application or confirm a proposal to Solamoré (in the form prescribed by Solamoré) confirming your date and accommodation preferences in relation to the Solamoré Experience (“Application”).
- An application can be submitted to Solamoré in any of our offices with a Solamoré staff member, on our website (www.solamore.events) in respect of an Event (‘Event Website’), on such other website(s) as may be notified by Solamoré in respect of a specific Event (‘Event Website’) or by way of telephone with a Solamoré staff member.
- If Solamoré determines that the date and accommodation preferences for the Solamoré Experience in your Application are available, Solamoré will provide you with notification of such availability (‘Notification’). If, after Notification, you wish to join the Solamoré Experience, you must, within 3 working days of the date of Notification, confirm to Solamoré (in the form prescribed by Solamoré) your agreement to join the Solamoré Experience and pay a 50% deposit (‘Deposit’) of the total price of the Solamoré Experience (‘Price’) to Solamoré (for a full group booking, a 20% deposit is required). For the purposes of the Agreement, a booking on a Solamoré Experience will be deemed to have occurred at the time Solamoré receives the Deposit from you (‘Booking’).
NOTE: The Deposit is non-refundable unless another party can take over your Booking. If you have inadvertently made a Booking on a Tour via an Event Website, Solamoré will refund the Deposit (less any applicable bank fees or charges) to you.
- The Price is set out in your Application or Proposal.
- The balance of the Price is payable to Solamoré at least six weeks prior to the commencement date of the Solamoré Experience (‘Commencement Date’) (provided that, if the Application is submitted within six weeks of the Commencement Date you must, instead of paying the Deposit, pay the full Price to Solamoré.)
- Payment of the Price can be made to Solamoré via the Tour Website or the Event Website (as applicable), in any Solamoré office, by way of telephone or as may otherwise be agreed to by Solamoré in writing.
- You warrant and undertake that: (i) all information provided in your Application is true, complete and accurate in all respects; and (ii) unless as may otherwise be set out in the Agreement, or agreed by Solamoré in writing, all payments by you under the Agreement will be unconditional, irrevocable and in same-day cleared funds.
- If we do not receive all payments due in full and on time, we are entitled to assume that you wish to cancel your Booking. In this case, we will be entitled to keep all payments paid as of that date.
- In the event you will be unable to make a due payment on time, you must notify Solamoré by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to seek an extension to the payment date. If Solamoré agrees (in its absolute discretion) to provide you with an extension to the payment date, Solamoré will provide confirmation of such extension to you in writing, by way of email, to the email address provided by you in your Application.
- The person who submits your Application to Solamoré (‘Lead Booker’) must be at least 18 years old at the time the Application is submitted. The Lead Booker confirms that he or she is authorised to act on behalf of other members of your group under the Booking (‘Group Members’). All Group Members will be deemed to have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- We will not trade with or provide any services to OFAC and sanctioned countries.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of their transaction records, merchant policies and rules.
- Each booker/user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account.
ADJUSTMENT TO PRICE
- The Price is subject at all times to any change in law (for example, but without limitation, a change in the rate of goods and services tax), and any change arising in connection with any governmental action or exchange rate currency changes, and Solamoré reserves the right to pass on to you any increases in the Price as a result of such changes.
CURRENCY & PAYMENTS
- Visa and Master Card and direct bank transfer are accepted as forms of payment.
- The Booking may be paid for using one of the following four global currencies: Euro (EUR€), United States Dollar (USD$), Australian Dollar (AUD$), New Zealand Dollar (NZD$) or United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED).
- The default currency which will be applied when you make a Booking with a credit card is USD$. Solamoré will not receive or be held accountable for any fees charged by your bank or transfer service in connection with the Booking.
- If you prefer to pay in EUR, AUD, NZD or AED, you can do so by contacting Solamoré by way of email to email@example.com.
CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
- Any request by you to change the Booking (or any part thereof) (‘Change Request’) must be made by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in person in any of our Solamoré offices or by way of telephone with a Solamoré staff member, as soon as possible after the Booking has been confirmed and, in any event (except as may otherwise be set out in the Agreement), no later than the Commencement Date.
- Any Change Request which changes the number of Group Members, or the dates of the Solamoré Experience, must be made no later than seven days prior to the Commencement Date. Solamoré will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate a Change Request but provides no guarantee that Solamoré will be able to meet such a Change Request. Solamoré accepts no responsibility in the event that a Change Request is not (in Solamoré’s opinion) capable of being actioned.
- Where a Change Request is (in Solamoré’s opinion) capable of being actioned, Solamoré reserves the right to charge you any costs incurred by Solamoré (including a reasonable administration fee), or costs incurred or imposed by any of Solamoré’s suppliers, in connection with the implementation of the Change Request.
- Where a Change Request is (in Solamoré’s opinion) incapable of being actioned, and you do not wish to proceed with the Booking, Solamoré will treat this as a cancellation by you and Solamoré reserves the right to charge you any costs, fees or expenses arising out of, or incurred by Solamoré in connection with, the cancellation of your Booking (‘Cancellation Fees’).
- Solamoré does not sell or arrange insurance.
- The Lead Booker is responsible for ensuring that each Group Member has comprehensive travel, health and accident insurance (including cancellation insurance) in connection with the Solamoré Experience.
- The Lead Booker is responsible for ensuring that any such insurance purchased is suitable and fully covers all personal requirements of each Group Member including (without limitation) personal belongings and money, any pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, illnesses or injuries you may sustain or experience while travelling, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness.
- In the event Solamoré recommends an insurance company(ies) to you, or provides assistance in procuring insurance for you, and you elect to take out a policy with such insurance company(ies), you acknowledge that Solamoré may obtain a referral fee as a commission for Solamoré recommending or procuring such insurance (and you irrevocably consent to Solamoré obtaining such referral fee) pursuant to, and in accordance with, the requirements of the Secret Commissions Act 1910.
Cancellation by You
- If you or any other Group Member wishes to cancel your Booking, you must notify Solamoré in writing by way of email to email@example.com. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received by Solamoré and will be effective from the date on which Solamoré receives it.
- Subject to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and as may otherwise be set out in the Agreement or as may be agreed by Solamoré in writing: (i) If you cancel your Booking earlier than one week prior to the Commencement Date, a refund will only be issued if your Booking can be taken over by another party; and (ii) If you cancel your Booking within one week of, or after, the Commencement Date, a refund will not be issued.
- Where any Cancellation Fees arise, for example (but without limitation) where imposed by third-party suppliers or otherwise, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless and continue to indemnify and hold harmless, Solamoré for the total amount of the Cancellation Fee. Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim Cancellation Fees (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy. Such claims must be directed to your travel insurance provider.
- For the avoidance of doubt, but subject to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and as may otherwise be set out in the Agreement or as may be agreed by Solamoré in writing, no refunds will be issued for wholly/partly used tickets, for any services booked but not taken, if you leave the Solamoré Experience for any reason after it has commenced, if you fail to join the Solamoré Experience or if you join the Solamoré Experience after the Commencement Date.
- Where a cancellation of the Booking reduces the number of full-paying Group Members below the number on which the Price, number of free places and/or any concessions agreed for your Booking were based, we will recalculate these items and re-invoice you accordingly.
Cancellation by Solamoré
- In certain circumstances, for example (but without limitation) if a venue or vessel becomes unavailable for any reason or weather conditions become unfavourable, Solamoré may be required (subject to availability) to reschedule or cancel your Booking.
- In such circumstances, Solamoré will inform you in writing, as soon as possible, of such action by way of email, to the email address provided by you in your Application (and, if possible, at the telephone number provided by you in your Application).
- In the event Solamoré is required to reschedule your Booking, it will use all reasonable endeavours to reschedule your Booking to the next reasonably proximate available Solamoré booking (‘Reschedule’).
- In the event Solamoré is required to cancel your Booking, other than as a result of a Force Majeure Event (as defined below), Solamoré shall be entitled in its absolute discretion to either: (i) issue you with a credit in respect of your Booking, which may be applied towards another Solamoré booking within a reasonable timeframe, as may be determined by Solamoré, in the circumstances and which you may transfer to a third party (‘Booking Credit’); or (ii) issue a refund to you, as applicable (but which refund is subject to Solamoré obtaining any refund(s) from its suppliers and which amount, you acknowledge and agree, may be less than the Price).
- Solamoré shall be under no obligation to pay you any compensation in relation to and accepts no liability in respect of any Cancellation Fee that may arise out of or in connection with, any rescheduling or cancellation. Solamoré strongly recommends that you procure comprehensive travel, health and accident insurance (including cancellation insurance) in connection with the Solamoré Experience.
- You acknowledge and agree that the cancellation provisions outlined above are, in the context and as a result of the global outbreak in 2019 and 2020 of novel coronavirus 2019 (‘COVID-19’), reasonably necessary to protect Solamoré’s legitimate interests under the Agreement.
- In the event a Force Majeure Event (as defined below) arises at any time after confirmation of your Booking, Solamoré shall be entitled in its absolute discretion to: (i) give you the option to Re-Schedule or receive a Booking Credit; or (ii) cancel your Booking.
- If Solamoré elects to cancel your Booking, or if the Force Majeure Event (or a new Force Majeure Event) subsists at the time of any re-scheduled or new booking made by you with Solamoré, Solamoré shall be under no obligation to provide a refund to you but may do so in its absolute discretion (but which refund is subject to Solamoré obtaining any refund(s) from its suppliers and which amount, you acknowledge and agree, may be less than the Price). Furthermore, Solamoré shall be under no obligation to pay you any compensation in relation to, and accepts no liability in respect of any Cancellation Fee that may arise out of or in connection with, any Reschedule or cancellation or the Force Majeure Event (or a new Force Majeure Event) subsisting at the time of any re-scheduled or new booking made by you with Solamoré. Such claims must be directed to your travel insurance provider.
- For the purposes of the Agreement, the term ‘Force Majeure Event’ means any event (threatened or actual) beyond the reasonable control or foresight of Solamoré or its suppliers which, in Solamoré’s sole opinion, makes it unreasonable, impractical, dangerous or impossible for the Solamoré Experience to continue as planned at the time of confirmation of the Booking, or which otherwise unreasonably prevents, affects or delays the Solamoré Experience (or Solamoré or its suppliers’ ability to fulfil any of their obligations in connection with the Solamoré Experience) and includes (without limitation): the outbreak of war; civil commotion, riot, insurrection, act of hostility or political unrest; terrorism; explosion; union dispute, strike, lockout or other industrial action; act of God; adverse weather conditions or natural disaster (including, without limitation, earthquake, storm, low or high water levels, windstorm, fire, flood, landslide, volcanic event, force of nature, typhoon, hurricane, tsunami, lightning or other extreme weather event); epidemic, pandemic, outbreak of communicable disease (including, without limitation, COVID-19 and any related communicable diseases, strains, mutations or derivations thereof), public health emergency and any government-imposed measures in response to such events (including, without limitation, quarantine restrictions, lockdowns, physical distancing requirements, government seizures, health advisory warnings or alerts); nuclear event; technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes of schedules or operational decisions of suppliers or carriers; or passage of any law, order, regulation or any other act of any governmental authority.
- Please note that due to the nature of Solamoré’s itineraries, outdoor venues, and the fact that many of the ports that Solamoré’s suppliers call at are small and/or often busy, it is not always possible for our suppliers’ vessels to call at all ports as planned. This is an inherent risk associated with sailing and you acknowledge and agree that Solamoré has no control over this.
PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
- The Lead Booker is responsible for ensuring that all Group Members are in possession of all necessary travel documents (including, without limitation, passports, visas and travel, health and accident insurance), health documents or other relevant documents (‘Documentation’) prior to the Commencement Date and for the entirety of the Solamoré Experience. Any costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid for by you.
- Solamoré is not a travel agency and does not accept any liability in the event the Lead Booker or any Group Member cannot enter into any country, or cannot hire, operate or use local transportation, accommodation or amenities due to any failure on your part to have the correct Documentation. Failure to have any necessary Documentation which results in any fines, surcharges or other financial penalty(ies) being imposed on Solamoré will be charged back to you.
- Solamoré and its suppliers expect you to act in a polite and moderate manner towards others for the entirety of the Solamoré Experience.
- If we consider that you or any Group Member has behaved, or is behaving, in such a way as to cause, or be likely to cause, upset, danger, or distress to any third party or damage to any property, or in such a way as to bring Solamoré or its suppliers into disrepute, Solamoré is authorised, without prior notice, to terminate the Booking of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the vessel, accommodation or other service concerned as soon as reasonably practicable. Solamoré will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including (without limitation) any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made in such circumstances and Solamoré will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of such termination.
- If you consume alcohol on the Solamoré Experience, you are advised to do so responsibly. We do not accept any responsibility for any accident, act or omission which occurs as a result of excessive or irresponsible alcohol consumption by you or any Group Member. You acknowledge and agree that extreme consumption of alcohol may increase the risk of personal injury and/or death and Solamoré excludes all liability for personal injury and/or death arising as a result of or in connection with the consumption of alcohol by you or any Group Member.
- Solamoré will use all reasonable endeavours to make any special request possible, provided such request is reasonable in the circumstances.
- It is of paramount importance to Solamoré that if you have any special requests to inform us in writing at the time of Booking. Our customer support team will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate you, however, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so. For the avoidance of doubt, failure to meet any of these requests will not be a breach of the Agreement. If our team confirms your special request, we will use all reasonable endeavours to action such request as soon as reasonably practicable after the date Solamoré confirms the request.
- For events on chartered vessels or in open-weather venues, the Captain and/or Solamoré organizer retain the right to deviate from, or change, any particular itinerary or venue where they believe it necessary to do so (for example, in the interests of the health and safety of passengers).
- Please make sure that if you or any Group Member has any medical condition, problem or disability that may impact that person on the Solamoré Experience, inform us in writing in your Application.
PHOTOS, VIDEOS AND MARKETING
- Photos and videos are likely to be taken on the Solamoré Experience for marketing and advertising purposes. These photos and videos may include you.
- You consent to all photos and videos being taken of you or any Group Member on the Solamoré Experience.
- You agree that all rights and title to, and interest in, any photos or videos of you or any Group Member are owned absolutely by Solamoré and, as such, Solamoré has the right to use them without seeking your or the relevant Group Member’s permission prior to use, nor is Solamoré required to pay any compensation to you or the relevant Group Member in connection with such use.
- Notwithstanding the above, if for any reason you or any Group Member do not wish his/her personal information, name, image or likeness to be used by Solamoré or any third party, the Lead Booker must notify Solamoré of this by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to the completion of the Solamoré Experience, and include the name of the person(s) concerned and the Booking reference details.
- You agree that any optional extra activities (including, without limitation, transportation, meals or other activities) that Solamoré may offer to you in the country(ies) you visit on the Solamoré Experience (‘Optional Extras’) do not form part of the Solamoré Experience and Solamoré accepts no liability in respect of the Optional Extras should any such liability arise.
- The Optional Extras are operated and provided by a team of local suppliers and although Solamoré strives for excellence, we provide no guarantee as to the timeliness of delivery of the Optional Extras or the quality of service delivered in respect of the Optional Extras.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
- Our Solamoré Experience leaders and suppliers will use all reasonable endeavours to maximise your enjoyment on the Solamoré Experience.
- However, you acknowledge and agree that there are inherent hazards, dangers and risks in participating in the Solamoré Experience including, without limitation, the risk of personal injury, loss of or damage to personal property and/or death, and you knowingly and fully accept such hazards, dangers and risks.
- You also acknowledge and agree that medical facilities while travelling may not be of the same quality as those facilities you are accustomed to at home and access to evacuation and/or suitable medical supplies and support may not be as readily available as you are accustomed to at home.
- You acknowledge and agree that the services that make up the Solamoré Experience are supplied directly to you by a network of companies, service providers, suppliers, accommodation and transportation providers, tour and local guides, government agencies, independent contractors and individuals (‘Third Party Supplier’). Third-Party Suppliers may also engage the services of local operators and sub-contractors.
- When Solamoré confirms a Booking, Solamoré is acting as a booking agent for Third Party Suppliers. Solamoré’s responsibilities under the Agreement are limited to confirming the Booking in accordance with your instructions.
- Solamoré has no control over the actual provision of services provided by Third Party Suppliers. Third-Party Suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which form part of the Agreement (and will be available from the Third Party Suppliers). Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the Third Party Supplier’s liability to you, in some cases in accordance with applicable international conventions including (without limitation): the Warsaw Convention in relation to air travel and the Montreal Convention; the Berne Convention in relation to rail travel; the Athens Convention in relation to carriage by sea; the Geneva Convention in relation to carriage by road; and the Paris Convention in relation to hotel accommodation. You acknowledge and agree that Solamoré shall be afforded the full and unrestricted benefits of these conventions as they relate to the limitation of Solamoré’s liability.
- Solamoré accepts no responsibility for the acts or omissions of Third Party Suppliers or any variation, default, cancellation, diversion, substitution or postponement of service, whether negligent or otherwise.
- Solamoré does not warrant that any Third Party Supplier is in compliance with the laws of your country of residence or any other jurisdiction.
- You agree to adhere to the rules and conditions applicable to the venue you are at, the vessel you are on, and/or the accommodation you are staying in, for the entirety of the Solamoré Experience. You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any Group Member. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid immediately and directly to the venue, vessel and/or accommodation owner, manager or supplier.
- Any dispute between you and any Third Party Supplier is to be resolved solely between you and that Third Party Supplier.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, but subject to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, Solamoré excludes all liability to you or any other person including any Group Member (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss, costs, expenses, claims, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise), sickness, personal injury, accident, death or delay that may be suffered by you or any other person, including any Group Member, as a result of any act or omission (whether negligent or otherwise) by or on behalf of Solamoré, in connection with the Booking or the Solamoré Experience or any other matter or thing relating to the Agreement, except to the extent that such liability arises as a direct result of Solamoré’s fraud or wilful misconduct (or, in respect of any liability for death or personal injury, where such liability arises as a direct result of Solamoré’s negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment).
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless, and continue to indemnify and hold harmless, Solamoré (and all of its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, contractors, agents, representatives, affiliates and related companies) in respect of any and all losses, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees) arising from any claim directly or indirectly out of or in connection with: (i) your access or use of any of our services provided under the Agreement; and (ii) any breach by you of the Agreement, except to the extent that such loss or damage was a direct result of our fraud or wilful misconduct.
- Solamoré shall not be held vicariously liable for the intentional or negligent acts of any persons not employed by Solamoré, nor for any intentional or negligent acts of our employees committed while off duty or outside the course and scope of their employment.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Agreement, Solamoré shall not under any circumstances be liable to you for any loss or anticipated loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of use, loss of contract or other opportunity nor for any other consequential or indirect loss or damage or exemplary damages.
- All of your luggage and personal effects are and shall remain at all times and in all circumstances on the Solamoré Experience, at your risk.
- If you are in trade and you have made the Booking for business (and not personal) purposes, you acknowledge and agree that: (i) the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply to the Agreement and that it is fair and reasonable to exclude its application under the Agreement; (ii) sections 9, 12A, 13 and 14(1) of the Fair Trading Act 1986 shall not apply to the Agreement and that it is fair and reasonable to exclude their application under the Agreement; and (c) to the maximum extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by law in relation to the Agreement are excluded.
- If any clause or part of a clause of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable, illegal or invalid for any reason, such clause or part-clause will be deemed to be severed from the Agreement and such severance shall not affect the enforceability, legality, validity or application of any other provision of the Agreement.
- Subject to any rights you may have under the Fair Trading Act 1986, Solamoré reserves the right at any time, or from time to time, to update, revise, supplement or otherwise modify these General Terms and Conditions and to impose new or additional terms and conditions.
- All updates, revisions and modifications will be effective immediately and incorporated into these General Terms and Conditions. If in Solamoré’s opinion, the changes are significant or may materially impact your rights, Solamoré will notify you, as soon as possible, by way of telephone or email (at the telephone number and/or to the email address provided by you in your Application).
- You consent to Solamoré collecting, using and disclosing your personal information for any purpose associated with the operation of the Solamoré Experience. In particular, you agree that Solamoré is permitted to disclose your personal information to third parties such as our agents, any credit reference agency or financial institution, our professional advisors, any of our subsidiaries or related companies, Third Party Suppliers, other service providers and overseas recipients.
- You acknowledge that recipients overseas may be subject to a lesser standard of protection as is required under the Privacy Act 1993. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these persons in connection with the facilitation of your Booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them.
- We may disclose your personal information for the purpose of undertaking a credit investigation on you or for investigations in connection with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009.
- Where we disclose your personal information to any person (including any overseas recipient), you agree that we will not be required to ensure that person’s compliance with the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise be accountable for how they handle your personal information. When used above, the term “disclose” means transfer, share, send, or otherwise make available or accessible to another person or entity.
- Where you are a resident of the European Union or the United Kingdom, you may have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to your personal information.
- Where you are a resident of California, United States of America, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 in relation to your personal information.
- You acknowledge and agree the following in relation to COVID-19: (i) COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that adversely impacts the respiratory system and, in some cases, may cause severe illness and/or death; (ii) An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists where generally accepted COVID-19 hygiene protocols and prevention measures (including, without limitation, the wearing of personal protective equipment such as face masks, sanitisation and physical distancing) (‘COVID-19 Measures’) are not observed; (iii) You are aware that, on the Solamoré Experience, you may encounter others who have COVID-19 or other infectious diseases, or who are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 or other viruses, but who exhibit no symptoms of infection or an infectious disease, which could result in you having serious medical conditions requiring medical treatment in a hospital, quarantine in a government-appointed location, and could possibly result in death; (iv) You voluntarily, of your own free will and volition, assume all risks relating to, and in connection with, exposure to COVID-19, under or in connection with the Agreement; and (v) You agree to indemnify and hold harmless, and continue to indemnify and hold harmless, Solamoré (its directors, employees, shareholders, contractors, agents, representatives, affiliates and related companies) in respect of any and all losses, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses or liability suffered by you, or which may arise, in connection with COVID-19.
- You warrant that you will observe the COVID-19 Measures in the two-week period immediately prior to the Commencement Date and you undertake, as may be required by the Third Party Suppliers, to continue to observe the COVID-19 Measures (and all reasonable directions as may be issued by Third Party Suppliers from time to time) for the entirety of the Solamoré Experience.
- For the purposes of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, and the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, you consent to Solamoré communicating with you electronically (for example, by way of email) unless we are required by law or regulatory requirements to communicate in another way. If at any point you do not wish to receive communications electronically, the email address for you to unsubscribe from receiving such emails is email@example.com.
- The United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile” and stipulates that the governing law is the local law.
Solamoré is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information you might provide in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1993.
Solamoré is fully committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information that is collected whether it’s collected online, in person, by a third party, by telephone, social media, or any other reasonable method in accordance with the Privacy Act (1993). This Policy is set out in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Our Policy discloses the information-gathering and distribution practices we use.
How We Collect Information
We will collect personal information directly from you (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so) either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email, when you visit any of our websites or when you connect with us via social media. We may collect personal information about you when you purchase or make enquires about travel arrangements or other products and services; when you enter competitions or register for promotions; when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters); when you request brochures or other information from us; or when you provide information, or use our services, on social media. Unless you choose to do so under a pseudonym or anonymously, we may also collect your personal information (other than sensitive information) when you complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a booking on your behalf which includes arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other participant on the booking. By providing your personal information to us, either directly, or through a family member, employer, or other agent or representative in connection with a booking or related service, you will be deemed to have consented to your personal information being collected by us and used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy.
Where you make a booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for Solamore to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Policy and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this Policy.
What Information do we collect?
The type of information we collect is information that will assist us in providing various event services or products on your behalf. Such information includes:
- Your name or the names of any additional participants (including minors) requiring our services
- Your contact details (email address, phone, address, postal address etc.)
- Credit card or Debit card details (including card number, expiry date, name on card and security code)
- Passport information
- Visa and immigration information
- Sensitive information may include (without limitation) your criminal record, financial information, religious beliefs (for meal requests), etc.
- Health issues in order to provide information to a third party (but not limited to) such as an airline, hotel, or insurance company to assist with travel arrangements
- Any other additional information that is necessary to provide our services or required by law
In relation to credit card information, once the transaction has been processed, we will not retain your credit card information electronically or manually, this will be destroyed unless you have expressly given us your permission to retain it.
- All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties
- Merchants will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties
- Merchant takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, www.solamore.events cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online
- The merchant is not responsible for the privacy policies of the websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
It will always be optional as to whether you voluntarily provide us with your information. However, should you choose not to, it may mean we are unable to provide some services to you.
What do we Use Personal Information for?
The primary purpose of our collecting your personal information is to provide you with various services and/or products. However, there may be times when we may need to disclose your information to a government department or another third party as required by law or to provide you with our services or products.
By providing us with your information, you give us your consent to use and disclose your information. For the following reasons:
- Servicing you by providing you with various promotions and service updates
- Local and international governments, usually for immigration and visa requirements
- Marketing purposes such as emails, newsletters, travel information, competitions etc
- Reporting and compliance with various agencies
- Internal accounting, auditing and administrative purposes
- Booking travel arrangements or services through a third-party such as Travel Wholesaler, Airline, Cruise company, Insurance company, Hotel, Car rental company, Rail Company or any other service provider
At times, these third parties may process your travel requirements on our behalf, in which case they will be responsible for these services.
We collect information with regard to movement through our website, this information is system generated and does not identify you or link you with identifiable information that you have provided. Such information may be collected by a third party on our behalf.
Security of Information
Solamore takes the security of your personal information seriously. Your information will always be held securely, whether it be electronically or offline and will only be used as outlined in this policy.
Changes to our Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make a change to the Policy, the revised version will be posted on our website. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes.
Contact & Access to Your Information
Last Edited 29 October 2022